coaching VS Consulting
Many companies make good use of consultants and coaches to help increase sales, expand their customer base and enhance their brands.
So, what is the difference between a consultant and a coach?
➡ A consultant is an expert who offers advice, solutions or recommends resources to clients. A consultant:
‣ Works on projects or teams
‣ Is expert in identifying issues
‣ Focuses on solving problems
‣ Has objectives regarding programs, processes or systems
➡ A coach is a motivator who typically asks powerful questions that guide the client to discover answers. A coach:
‣ Has a growth mindset
‣ Is not required to have specific knowledge of the industry
‣ Is performance, result and outcome driven
As a CEO coach, my objective is to develop a leader’s problem-solving skills to promote business initiatives and identify areas for organisational improvement.
Consultants solve problems for you. Every time a new problem arises, you talk to a consultant. Thus, your costs are ongoing.
Coaches teach you how to identify and solve your own problems.
Do you use consultants or coaches in your organization? Let me know in the comments!